1. About Us
Gato Feliz is a subsidiary of the company LTE, Lda., which is based in Portugal, Largo dos Combatentes da Grande guerra, nº26, 2080-038, Almeirim, registered in the Commercial Registry of Lisbon, under the legal collective personal identification number 513 858 636. Hereinafter referred to as “Happy Meow” is a company that commercializes products for animals.We process your data as co-responsible for the handling and protection. Data Protection Officer e-mail adress: email@example.com
2. Purposes for which we use your Personal Data
We are entitled to process your data for a myriad of motives. The main one is that it is necessary processing your data in order to implement the contract that you agree to celebrate with us when making a purchase or even to obtain a budget given by the company (pre-contratual obligations). We also need to process your data so you can be able to take advantage of our services and functionalities. There are other reasons that legitimize us to do so, such as our interest in answering your questions and your consent to send you our newsletters, among many others.
Depending on how you interact with our platform, i.e. depending on the services, products or functionalities you wish to experience, we will process your personal data for the following purposes:
2.1 To fulfil requests or orders made through the Customer Support channels. We only process personal data that is strictly necessary to manage or solve your requests, orders or even questions.
2.2 For marketing purposes: includes the processing of your data mainly for:
• When you give your consent to receive news and communications from LTE, we will process your personal data to manage such request, including sending personalized information about our products or services through various channels (such as email, MMS, SMS).
• In this regard, please note that this data processing does not entail any analysis of your user or customer profile to determine what your preferences nor which products and services suits you when we send information.
• Please note that you can request the cancellation of such service at any time and free of charge by sending us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
• Carry out promotional actions (i.e to send your list of saved items to the email address you provided).
• When you take part on a promotional activity, you give us authorization to process the data you have provided for each activity and also to communicate it to you through various channels such as social networks or even on the platform itself. For each promotional activity in which you participate, you will find the terms and conditions where you can find more detailed information about the processing of your data.
2.3 Functionality and quality analysis in order to improve our services. When you access our platform/website, we inform you that we will NOT process your browsing data for analytical and statistical purposes, so we can understand how users interact with our platform and thus being able to improve it.
In addition, on certain occasions WE MAY carry out actions and surveys about quality with the purpose of a better understanding regarding the level of satisfaction of our customers and users. It is our interest to spot areas in which we can improve, however, you will always be informed about the possibility of your data being processed.
3. Which data we collect?
Depending on the purposes for which we process your data at any given time, as explained above, we need to process some other data which, in general, will be:
• Your identification data (e.g. your name, address, tax number, contact details, etc.);
• Economic and transactional information (e.g. your financial details if you wish to apply for financing in order to purchase our products);
• Commercial information (e.g, you have subscribed our newsletter);
• Data about your preferences.
• Remember that when we ask you to fill in your personal details in order to give you access to a functionality or service on the platform, we will mark some fields as mandatory, as this is the data we need in order to provide you with the service or give you access. Please note that if you decide not to provide us with this data, you may not be able to complete your registration as a user or you may not be able to have acess.
4. Who we share your data with
We will share your data with service providers who provide us with assistance or support, whether they are LTE, Lda.'s own companies or external collaborators with whom we have signed an agreement, which may be located in Portugal or abroad.
• Financial institutions;
• Technology service providers;
• Providers and collaborators of logistics, transport and delivery services;
• Providers of services related to customer support;
• Partners and service providers related to marketing and advertising;
• For reasons of service efficiency, some of the providers may not belong to LTE, Lda. but they are all located in the European Economic area. We inform you that when we transfer your data to third parties we safeguard it with adequate guarantees and we always keep your data secure.
5. Know your rights
You have the right to access, rectify or erase your personal data. Furthermore, you also have the right to object to us using your data or to port it, as explained in detail below, and you can request the deletion of your personal data at any time by emailing email@example.com .
We are committed to respect the confidentiality of your personal information and to guarantee the exercise of your rights. We have determined that you can exercise your rights at no cost by writing to us to firstname.lastname@example.org simply stating the reason of your request. If we deem it necessary in order to identify you, we may request a copy of an identification document.
In particular, regardless of the purpose or legal basis under which we process your data, you have the right to:
• Ask us for access to the data we hold about you.
• Ask us to rectify the data we already hold.
• Ask us to delete your data to the extent that it is no longer necessary for the purpose for which we need to continue processing it, as explained above, or when we are no longer legally authorised to process it.
• You can ask us to cancel or limit the processing of your data, which means that in certain cases you can ask us to temporarily suspend the processing of your data because we keep it for longer than necessary of when you need it.
• If you have given us your consent to process your data for any purpose, you also have the right to withdraw it at any time by sending us a request to the following email address: email@example.com .
When our legitimacy for the processing of your data is your consent or the celebration of the contract, as explained above, you also have the right to request the portability of your personal data. This means that you will be entitled to receive the personal data you have provided to us in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format, in order to be able to transmit it directly to another entity without impediment from our side.
When the processing of your data is based on our legitimate interest, you also have the right to object. Finally, you also have the right to lodge a complaint with the data protection supervisory authority: Comissão Nacional de Proteção de Dados is located at Av. D. Carlos I, 134-1.º 1200-651 Lisboa. Telephone: 213 928 400 - Fax: 213 976 832 - E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org .
The legal basis that allows us to process your personal data also depends on the purpose for which we process it, as explained in the following table:
6.1 Manage your registration as a user of the site/platform.
The processing of your data is necessary in accordance with the terms that regulate the use of the platform. In other words, in order to make a contact request on the platform/website, we need to process your personal data, otherwise we would not be able to manage your registration or fulfill your requests.
6.2 Development, fulfillment and performance of the contract for the purchase and sale of products or servicesThe processing of your data is necessary for the conclusion of the purchase and sale agreement as well as for provision of services.
Some data processing related to the purchase process will only be activated due to your request or authorization as well as the storage of payment data (accounting documents) to obtain financing. In these cases, the basis for processing your data is your consent. We consider that we have a legitimate interest in carrying out the necessary checks to detect and prevent possible fraud when you make a purchase. We believe that processing this data is positive for all parties involved when making a payment for a purchase, and in particular for you, as it allows us to take measures to protect you against fraud attempts.
6.3 Costumer Service
We consider that we have a legitimate interest in responding to the requests or questions you make of us through the various methods of contact.
We believe that processing this data is also helpful to you, as it allows us to assist you properly and respond to your requests, carry out satisfaction surveys and even present products that may meet your needs.
When you contact us for the management of incidents related to your order or product/service purchased through our website/platform, the processing of your data is necessary for the conclusion of the purchase contract, as well as pre-contractual obligations, it comes from your consent.
When your request is related to the exercise of the rights about which we inform you below, or to complaints related to our products or services, what legitimizes us to process your data is compliance with our legal obligations.
The basis of legitimacy to process your data for marketing purposes is the consent you freely grant us, for example, when you agree to receive personalized information through various channels, as when you accept the terms and conditions.
7. Data Retain Period
The period of retention of your data will depend on the purposes for which we process them, as explained below:
7.1 We will process your data for as long as you remain a registered user (i.e. until you decide to cancel your registration).
7.2 We will process your data for as long as necessary to manage the purchase of the products or services you have purchased, including possible returns, complaints or claims associated with the purchase of the particular product or service, in which we have established the period of 3 years.
7.3 We will process your data for as long as necessary to attend your request or order.
7.4 We will process your data until you cancel your subscription or request the deletion of your data by sending us an email to: email@example.com requesting the deletion of your data regarding the sending of newsletters, otherwise, we will keep your personal data for this purpose for 10 years. Regardless of whether we process your personal data for the time strictly necessary to fulfill the corresponding purpose, we will subsequently keep them properly stored and protected for as long as responsibilities arising from the processing may arise, in compliance with the legislation in force at all times.
Regardless of whether we process your personal data for the time strictly necessary to fulfil the corresponding purpose, we will subsequently keep them properly stored and protected for as long as liabilities may arise from the processing, in compliance with the prevailing legislation at any given time. When each of the possible actions expires, we will delete the personal data.
8. Private Policy Changes
LTE, Lda. reserves the right to make any changes or corrections to this notice when it deems appropriate. Please check the page regularly to review the information and check for any updates.
When any alteration is significant regarding your privacy, you will receive a message to your email address so that you can review and evaluate the alterations made and, if appropriate, you can object by cancelling a service or functionality.
1. What are Cookies?
Cookies are small pieces of text sent to your browser by a website you visit. They help that website remember information about your visit, which can both make it easier to visit the site again and make the site more useful to you.
Cookies can be categorised according to several criteria.
Considering their purpose, cookies can be:
• a) Strictly necessary cookies - are necessary to ensure the operation of the website and/or to ensure the availability of functionalities requested by the User, or even to store preferences related to browsing, whenever using the same device.
• b) Personalisation cookies - store a user's browser preferences, such as preferred language and display format. Customization cookies are often used along with analytics cookies to collect information about users' site activities and provide custom browsing experiences.
• c) Analytics cookies - collect statistical information in order to help website owner analyse the website navigation and to have a better understanding of users' engagement with the website. These cookies may be used together with some advertising cookies in order to allow us to measure interactions with the ads we display.
• d) Advertising cookies - aim to make advertising more attractive to users and advertisers by selecting ads based on what is relevant to the User in order to improve feedback on campaign performance and to avoid showing ads that the User has already seen or marked as not relevant.
• Cookies expiration date:
• e) Session cookies - are temporary and are used to maintain information about a user's activity during a single browsing session and are deleted after. A session starts when you launch a website or web app and ends when you leave the website or close your browser window.. This type of cookie makes it possible, for example, to analyse internet traffic patterns, allowing us to identify possible problems, safeguard security and provide a better browsing experience.
• f) Persistent Cookies - are stored on a user’s computer and remains there after the user has closed their browser. It focuses on information that needs to be persistent across user sessions, such as a user’s preferences or login information. It is typically used in conjunction with a web server.
• Cookies can be classified as:
• g) First Party Cookies - are created and stored by the website you are visiting directly. These are sent to the User's device through equipment or domains managed by HAPPY MEOW and from which the service requested by the User is provided.
• h) Third Party Cookies - are created and placed by third parties other than the website you are visiting which is not under control of HAPPY MEOW. Therefore, the third party may process the data collected through the cookies and HAPPY MEOW may not be able to configure its operation.
• What types of Cookies do we use?
We identify below the information of the cookies installed on the website with different functions:
• Analytics cookies: collect statistical information in order to help website owner analyse the website navigation and to have a better understanding of users' engagement with the website. These cookies may be used together with some advertising cookies in order to allow us to measure interactions with the ads we display. I tis importante to highlight that analytical cookies are not intended to store personal data.
4. How can I manage my Cookie preferences?
At any moment, the user can configure their preferences regarding the cookies used on the website that are not strictly necessary.
Additionally, most browsers allow you to control the cookies stored on your device, as well as to delete them immediately if you wish to no longer allow the local storage of cookies. You can change your browser settings to block the installation of cookies or to notify you each time a cookie is set.
Please note that disabling cookies via your browser settings may have an impact on the operation of the website.
HAPPY MEOW may, at any time, without prior notice and with immediate effect, modify, add or revoke, in part or entirely, the present Cookies Policy. Any alterations relevant to the User will be immediately published on the website, and the User may access the information and, according to the type of cookies in cause, consent to its use.